Find furnished and unfurnished accommodation in Germany
German paperwork, scarcity of apartments, language barriers. These may be just some of the challenges that await those that are looking to rent an apartment or house in Germany. Indeed, mass visits are not uncommon and it can take quite a while to find a long-term apartment in some German cities. If this is something you do not want to deal with by yourself, let one of our experts help you pre-select some apartments based on your preferences. Alternatively, further below you will find a list of Germany's most popular rental websites.
Find a suitable furnished or serviced apartment where you can stay for a few days or a couple of months. Indeed, the reasons why you are looking for a temporary apartment can be manifold. Finding a long term place to stay in Germany can be a challenge. As such, it can make sense to move into a temporary apartment first. This gives you plenty of time to get sorted. Normally, it is possible to register your residence at these temporary apartments. We have made a list of the different options you have in terms of short term living arrangements in Germany. They range from cheap temporary studios to fully-serviced and furnished apartments. Lastly, why not get in touch with us? One of our experts can help you find a furnished flat today!
Digital Solution – Find your dream flat on Immoscout
Immoscout24 has 1.5 million new classifieds of houses, apartments and rooms every month. Here you can find a variety of housing options.
It is by far the largest platform when it comes to browsing through rental offers in Germany. It brings together houses, studios, apartments. If you are looking to rent, buy or sell – this is the place to go.
How it works
1. Click on the link.
2. Register on Immoscout24 for free to get regular updates.
3. Browse thousands of flats, apartments and houses in Germany.
4. Find your dream place.
- one of Germany's most popular website for rentals
- find apartments, houses and shared flats – all on one platform
- listings also include remote areas of Germany
How much does it cost
Browsing through Immoscout is for free.
Homelike – Rent a furnished apartment in Germany
In these furnished apartments you can normally register your residence. The average rental time is between 3-9 months, depending on the apartment. All incurring costs, such as telephone, internet flat rate, electricity etc. are included in the rent. As such, it provides everything you need for a temporary apartment. This service is available in most major cities in Germany.
Companies such as Zalando, Microsoft and Axel Springer have found accommodation for their employees through this platform. This service is great for those who would like someone else to help them with the bureaucratic paperwork between tenant and landlord.
How it works
- You choose one or several apartments that you like and you make a free enquiry into these apartments. Minimum stay is 1 month.
- The landlord gets notified about your enquiry and responds to you.
- You can then decide, if you would like to book the apartment or keep on searching for alternatives.
- Immediately after payment you can sign the rental contract online and move into the apartment on the move-in date.
If you are a company that needs several apartments at the same time, please contact our customer service. We are more than happy to help you with this option!
- English-speaking customer service
- register your residence at the apartment (Anmeldung)
- telephone, internet flat rate, electricity etc. are included
- no bureaucratic hassle: all communication with the landlord happens through Homelike
How much does it cost
Searching apartments on our website is for free. The rental costs depend on each city. The minimum duration of your rental contract is one month. Staying in one of our apartment is similar to staying in a hotel, but it is on average 40% cheaper.