Open Commerzbank account now
You must be registered at a German address in order to open a bank account.
If you want a bank account that has about 550 branches across Germany and provides personal customer support, Commerzbank may be your match. Online banking services and customer support are both in English. This is an ideal solution, if you are looking for a bank account to receive your monthly salary in Germany!
Online banking is important and popular. However, more and more people come to value personal customer service and having access to a local branch. At Commerzbank we can offer you exactly that. If you have a question, simply drop into one of our branches. One of our English-speaking staff will be happy to assist you.
Who can open a Commerzbank account?
You can open an Commerzbank account if
- you are registered in Germany (not registered?)
- you are at least 18 years old
What details you must provide on the Commerzbank online application form
- first name and family name
- email address
- German home address and mobile telephone number
- date of birth
- nationality and the country in which you were born
- have a valid passport or European ID card
Apply for a bank account online
Open your Commerzbank account in German online. Here is how you do it:
- The online application form for a Commerzbank account is in German only. Online banking and customer service are in English. To open an account with Commerzbank in German simply click on the “Open account online”.
- We have prepared a step-by-step to show you how to open a Commerzbank account online. It is very easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Receive your papers and cards, and start using your account!
Main advantages of Commerzbank account
- personal customer service in about 550 branches across Germany
- access to online and mobile banking 24/7
- get free cash at over 7000 cash machines in Germany
- Apple Pay and Google Pay are supported
- basic bank account is for free (as long as you have a minimum of €700 in incoming transfers every month)
- open account directly online in several minutes
Promotion: Commerzbank currently offers a €50 starting credit²
How much does it cost
The free Basic account¹ is your digital companion in everyday life.
- Free¹: No account maintenance fees with monthly cash receipts of at least 700€.
- 50€ starting credit² + 100€ per referral
- Free cash withdrawals at Cash Group ATMs
- Online banking with excellent banking app
- Virtual Debit Card with Apple Pay and Google Pay
The account is free of charge under the following conditions: private use, monthly cash receipts of at least €700 (otherwise €9.90 per month), paperless account management and use of Commerzbank or Cash Group ATMs, provided no deposit fee is charged.
¹ The account is free of charge under the following conditions: private use, monthly cash receipts of at least €700 (otherwise €9.90 per month), paperless account management and use of Commerzbank or Cash Group ATMs, provided no deposit fee is charged.
² You will receive 50€ starting credit:
- You are a new customer (no account in the past 24 month at Commerzbank)
- You open the account online
- You use your account active for 3 month
- You agree to promotional emails and calls.